Exciting Opportunity for a Junior CAD Technician to join our established team
Junior CAD Technician
Based at: Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire
Hours of work: 36.5 Hours per week (Monday to Friday 08:30 – 17:00)
Package: Basic Salary £20,000 – £24,000 (dependant on experience) + Benefits
We are a multi-million-pound family business based in Melton Mowbray and we are looking for a Junior CAD Technician to join our established team. You will become part of a business established for more than 30 years, with a strong history of providing Storage Solutions, Mezzanine Floors, Interior fit out and refurbishment projects for clients across the whole of the UK.
The Junior CAD Technician Role
The Junior CAD Technician role is a fantastic opportunity to join a growing organization and become a valued member of a small and conscientious team. Reporting to the Senior CAD Technician, the main responsibilities of the role will be to produce 2D design drawings from a range of initial concepts and briefs from the Sales and Contracts team.
To be successful in this role you should have prior knowledge of Autodesk products primarily AutoCAD. Previous knowledge within commercial Interior fit out and refurbishment sector would be an advantage, but not essential as you will undertake internal training.
- Supply of initial design concepts and layouts.
- Production of detailed 2D construction phase drawing packs.
- Modifying and update existing drawings as requested.
- Ensure drawings are compliant with current H&S and Building regulation standards.
- Maintain accurate records and file systems.
If you have any or all of the following skills and experience, you will be a good fit for this position. However, if you have similar experience working within a design environment and can demonstrate transferrable skills, please get in touch…
- Competent experience in using AutoCAD / Architect Software.
- Microsoft applications and possess good administration skills.
- Full driving License (Preferred) but not essential straight away.
- Good communicator at all levels with an eye for detail.
- An individual who has ambition and is keen to show enthusiasm and innovation and doesn’t mind mucking in.
- Friendly, calm, and willing to listen and learn, and not afraid to ask questions.
- Company pension
- Free on-site parking
- Private medical insurance
- Company social events
How to Apply / Next Steps
The Junior CAD Technician is an urgent appointment for the business. As such we will be working swiftly to review the very best applicants with the ideal candidate being able to join us as soon as possible. Please send in your CV for consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org
NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES PLEASE